The National Union for Democracy in Iran (NUFDI) supports the universal values of freedom and democracy by promoting the voices of the people of Iran in Washington, D.C.
Hope begins when there is a realization that a vision may become reality. For many years, Iranians have been striving for democracy: the ability to choose their political leaders and select their system of government freely. Iranians deserve democracy, and have a right to self determination, as much as any other people on earth.
NUFDI strives to be a voice for the people of Iran by transmitting their stories, struggles and aspirations to a Western audience of policymakers, media and concerned citizens. It is NUFDI’s hope that it may serve to better position this Western audience to understand and support the Iranian people as they fight to establish a free, democratic Iran.
NUFDI's Core Values
- Preserving the territorial integrity of Iran
- No war with Iran
- The right of all Iranians to choose their political leaders and system via free and fair elections
- Transparent and ethical governance
- Human treatment and due process for prisoners of conscience
- Equality for every Iranian under law regardless of gender, religion, sexual orientation, or economic or social status
- Freedom of speech, assembly, and religion
- Recognition of Prince Reza Pahlavi as the symbol of national unity for transition to democracy, secularism, and progress until the national referendum